Originally designed by the famous York architect John Carr and built in 1772 for Lord Holderness, Secretary of State for the North. The hall reception still houses the original mosaic floor.
The grounds of the hotel are said to be the former location of the home of Lord Melton, a powerful knight residing in the area throughout medieval times. The village of Aston has a strong history relating to Lord Melton and his many relatives who ruled this part of the country.
Set in 55 acres of landscaped gardens and woodland, only 1 minute from M1 and on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District, the hotel is an attractive option for business and leisure guests alike. With 52 bedrooms, a modern British restaurant and a banqueting suite which seats up to 300, the hotel is a fabulous conference, event and wedding venue.
The hotel interiors combine wood, leather and vibrant contemporary oil paintings with the history and tradition of the original building. Enjoy the peace and solitude of the countryside combined with the style and contemporary design of a modern city centre hotel.
We offer the following services and facilities:
• For assistance prior to arrival please contact the reservations team on 0114 287 2309.
• We are located on Worksop Road, and next to Church Lane, Aston, Sheffield, a few minutes from Junction 31 of the M1 motorway.
• For SatNav or route planners please use our postcode S26 2EE.
• The centre of Aston is a 2 minute walk, Sheffield centre is a 15 minute drive
• A bus service is available from the Central train Station to Aston Village (all buses are accessible), there is a 10 minute walk from the bus stop to the hotel parts of which are steep.
• We can arrange a taxi that specializes in accessible vehicles please contact us for this.
• Our brochures, sample menus and tariffs are available in larger font
• You can contact the hotel by phone, email, fax or in person. We are open 24 hours although response, e.g. to emails, may be reduced from 11pm to 7am.
• We have a list of local equipment hirers which is available on request.
• The nearest convenience store is only a few minutes from the hotel
• We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests’ pets but of course we do welcome assistance dogs.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• All guests should use the main entrance of the hotel located at the front of the hotel. There is one small step however a ramp is available and the ground is tarmacked
• The main entrance has a door which opens outwards
• You can access the car park and use the entrance to the hotel from the car park which has level entry to the basement and is serviced by lifts to all floors.
• The car park has approximately 100 spaces located in close proximity to the doorway where the hotel lobby can be accessed. Our car park is first come first serve basis; however there are two designated disabled bays near the ground floor bedroom access of the West Wing. The lobby is located on the ground floor.
• If you need assistance with luggage, equipment or guidance, our team of porters and concierge are on duty 24 hours.
Main Entrance & Reception
• There are no steps in the main lobby area.
• The front desk is on your left hand side when entering the main entrance.
• There are two soft cushioned seating areas under the windows in reception/lobby.
• There is an open gas fire in the reception.
• The reception is well lit with a number of chandeliers & up lighters, on an evening these are replaced by the up lighters only and candles.
• The reception desk is 110 cm high. Registration can be completed whilst sitting in the reception area and we have clipboards available.
• On check in the staff will brief you on our evacuation policy.
• The registration card can be enlarged if required.
• At the entrance to the West wing are the lifts which access all floors in the West Wing. The West Wing is few minutes walk around the hotel to the rear.
• The main restaurant and bar are located to the right of reception. There are gradual slopes en route to the restaurant. There is access to the bar and restaurant without any steps through a 84cm wide door or alternatively using a ramp at the end of the bar/ lounge area.
• The floor surface throughout the reception lobby is mosaic tiles. Please ask the reception for assistance if required.
• Familiarisation tours can be given where required
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- There is one mirror at the back of the lift at 130cm from the floor, the other sides are metal
- There are refuge areas located on each floor these are located near the stair well on each floor.
Public Areas – WC
- There are 2 sets of public toilets, one in the restaurant area and one within the Lagonda function room.
- The Lagonda toilets have a unisex accessible toilet
• The toilets provide:
Emergency Alarm pull cord
Flashing light when fire alarm sounds
110cm x 170cm free space free of obstacles and doors
Floor is non slip
There are vertical rails either side of the toilet
There is a horizontal rail on the side opposite transfer from the toilet
There are lever taps on sinks
The tiles are coloured and sanitary ware is silver.
There is a baby changing unit situated in this toilet.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges
• There is a bar situated on the ground floor to the right of reception
• It has level entry and is open plan with carpeted, even flooring
• The bar area is on the left.
• Table service is offered in the bar
• There are a selection of tables and chairs available
• Lighting is mainly natural day light (from large windows overlooking the garden) whilst parts of the bar have low level lighting at night, there are areas which are well lit also.
• There is a restaurant on the ground floor which is to the right of reception.
• The restaurant is table service only
• Menus are available in large print and staff will automatically take you through the menu and choices for the meal.
• Lighting is mainly natural day light whilst for the evening meal lighting is low level with candles on the table. Lighting can be increased at certain tables if required.
• We are able to cater for varying dietary needs, please advise staff on booking
• Laundry service and dry cleaning is offered. Laundry bags can be found in bedrooms. Please complete the form and take this along with your laundry to reception before 8am for return on the same day.
• The gym is accessed through doors 93 cm wide. Equipment includes: cycling machine, rowing machine, running machine, cross trainer, weights and bars, exercise mats. If you have specific queries about the suitability of equipment please call our trained staff in advance.
• There are no outdoor facilities
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
• We have 5 main conference rooms on the ground floor and 2 conference rooms on the first floor which are accessed via the lifts or staircase.
• All meeting rooms on the ground floor can be accessed through a door 90 cm for the Vanquish and 93 cm wide for the Vantage. The entrance to the Lagonda can be accessed through double doors
• Both rooms on the first floor can be accessed through double doors
• Lighting is even but can be dimmed by individual conference organisers by sections.
• Please notify conference organisers in advance if any additional services are required for conferences e.g. interpreters, specific seating or staging, we do try to accommodate everyone’s needs where possible.
• Our guest bedrooms can be accessed by the main reception stairs, which are wide and carpeted.
• Most bedrooms can be accessed by the lift, which is situated a short walk around the hotel to the rear; however there are a small number of bedrooms which are up a 2nd flight of stairs to the Penthouse level.
• There are 2 accessible bedrooms which provide specific facilities for guests with disability these include:
Level entry showers
Free standing grab rails either side of the toilet (on request)
A raised toilet seat can be provided on request
Twin or double bed combinations available
23cm space under the beds
Emergency procedures clearly written and in large print
Television with Teletext and remote control
Flooring in bedrooms is short pile carpet
Flooring in bathroom is non slip tiles
Room folders available in large print
Lighting levels are controllable and reading lamps are provided
Room service is 24 hours
Bedding is all non-feather (available on request)
Bowls of food and water can be provided for assistance dogs
• If you require any assistance during your stay please contact reception or concierge. The Duty Manager can also be contacted via reception.
• We have a set evacuation procedure for basic information – Alarm bells are a continuous alarm. Someone will come to your room and assist with evacuation either out of the building or to a refuge.
• All front house staff have regular training which includes disability awareness training
• All housekeeping staff have been trained and are aware of procedures to aid privacy in bedrooms.
• There is good network coverage for mobile phones within the hotel and average coverage from hotel bedrooms. All networks work.
• We have a free Wi-Fi network which does not require a password, please log onto the Aston Guest network.
• We can refrigerate prescription medication and additionally store and perishable food in our fridge for a limited period, a disclaimer will be produced for you to sign, of which we will keep, and give a copy to you.
• List of equipment hire companies available on request
• The nearest general hospital with A&E is Rotherham Hospital, Moorgate Road, Rotherham, S60 2UD, Telephone 01709 820000
• Address: Aston Hall, Worksop Road, Aston, Sheffield S26 2EE
• Telephone: 0114 287 2309
• Fax: 0114 287 3228
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.astonhallhotel.co.uk
• Hours of operation: Reception 24hours
• Local taxi services; Travellers – 01909 515253, City Taxis (Larger Firm) – 01142 39 39 39
• For local public transport enquiries please visit www.travelsouthyorkshire.com or call 01709 51 51 51
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 0114 287 2309 or email